Digital Media Resources You May Have Missed
This article was first published in mashable.com by Neha Prakasho.
Our resources list is overflowing with organization, productivity and learning apps for kids of any age and grade level.
And since it’s even harder to stay up to date on all the changes social media platforms have been making, we explain some of the biggest changes that happened in Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- 8 Tricks for Reducing Computer-Related Eye Strain Computer-related eye strain is the price you have to pay for being a workaholic. Here are 8 tips and tricks to protect your eyes.
- 5 Great Gadgets for Latchkey Kids From kid-friendly cellphones to smart door locks that will alert you when they get home, we found innovative solutions for kids who have to stay home alone.
- How to Set Up the Best Workspace for Homework Here are the five main components of setting up a home technology workspace for students of all ages.
- Watch Out for This Sneaky Facebook Scam Disguised as a Photo Notification The next time Facebook sends you an email about a friend tagging you in a new picture, be cautious — it could be a trap from hackers.
- Students, Here’s How to Kick-Start Your Personal Brand Online Your online presence is the new resume. Career experts explain when and how students should start thinking about their personal branding.
- 6 Fantastic To-Do Apps for Getting Organized Check out this roundup of six to-do lists apps, separated by work style, to find your perfect match.
- Facebook-Syncing Dating Site Takes on Social Discovery SNAP Interactive is re-launching its Facebook-synced dating site AreYouInterested.com as a social discovery website.
- Should You Break Up With Pinterest for LoveIt? LoveIt is a platform where you can discover, collect, organize and share images of — you guessed it — things you love.
- 10 More Celebrities to Follow on Pinterest Here’s a quick-and-dirty guide to unfriending, plus a few alternatives that may solve the problem while protecting your offline relationship.
Business & Marketing
- Job Seeking? Yelp and 200+ More Are Hiring We’ve rounded up the best jobs posted on Mashable’s job board that are perfect for Mashable readers. From public relations to software engineers, you’re sure to find a position that’s a fit for you.
- 10 Must-Have Tools for Entrepreneurs The entrepreneur’s toolkit should help founders boost efficiency while dealing with the myriad tasks at hand. These 10 tools will do the trick.
- 4 Common Website Design Mistakes to Avoid Don’t fall into these pitfalls when trying to create a memorable and user-friendly website.
Tech & Mobile
- 5 iPhone Apps That Run Google Talk Here are five apps to use Google Talk and other instant messaging services on your iPhone.
- Get Credit for All Your Instagram Photos A new service called Picmo wants to make sure you get credit for all those images shot to vintage perfection.
- 10 Must-Have Apps for Successful High School Students A high school student’s plate isn’t just filled with classes, but also tons of extracurriculars. Turn to your phone or tablet and these 10 must-have apps to manage the load.
- Startup Makes Doctors Accessible By Phone, Email Sherpaa connects its members to a network of doctors available around the clock, over the phone or email.
- Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor on InstaEDU The pool of tutors available to teach high school and college-aged students just became a whole lot larger.
- 10 Charming iPhone Cases for Kids Whether you seek drop protection, spit protection or interactive playfulness, we think you’ll find a case in our roundup to suit.